My “three things” answers.. October 13, 2005 at 3:14 pm
[ Music: Little Light Of Love from the album “The Fifth Element: The Origina” by Eric Serra ]
Via quite a few blogs by now, but I linked to #2 pencil… as it’s the one where I happened upon the list…
Three Things I don’t understand:
1. Not only how people can stand “reality” shows on TV, but how they can get such high ratings.
2. Quantum Physics… but man I wish I did.
3. Gangta rap… it’s just such crap yet makes the so-called “artists” millionaires. That’s a good idea, let’s make people advocating abusing women, violence, etc.. millionaires.
Three things on my desk:
1. My vitamins (I eat my lunch at my desk most days and take them then).
2. A really nice clock I picked out for my 5 year anniversary for my job.
3. My Mac powerbook.. which I’m doing this entry on.
Three things I’m doing right now:
1. Downloading the official release of suse-10.
2. Listening to iTunes while I work.
3. Working on updating the slides I use in a talk at work about the linux environment I support.
Three things I want to do before I die:
1. Earn my private pilot’s license.
2. Travel to Egypt to see the pyramids in person.
3. Spend at least a week in DC visiting the Smithsonian and the town in general.
Three things I can do:
1. Fix computer problems.
2. A lot of math in my head.
3. Recall, with excruciating detail, completely useless things from when I was a kid.
Three ways to describe my personality:
2. Talkative (once I get over #1).
Three things I can’t do:
1. Read or speak Spanish… 4 years in HS and college aside.
3. Get/Stay in shape.
THree things I think you should listen to:
1. People with opposing opinions.. keeps you thinking.
2. Your parents.
3. Friends who want to help you.
Three things I don’t think you should listen to, ever:
1. Paid reviewers (TV, movie, book, music, etc). Make up your own mind.
2. Celebrities spouting off on issues as though everyone should do what they say.
3. Books on tape/cd/mp3, just read the book. (allowances for things like long car trips where you’re driving).
Three things I say:
3. I’m a genius. (anytime I solve a tough problem at work)
Three things I’d like to learn:
1. Russian (not really sure why, would just love to be able to speak/read it).
2. How to play an instrument.. probably either keyboard or guitar (kinda tried once with keyboard but didn’t have enough time to devote to it then).
3. Quantum physics/mechanics.
Three beverages I drink regularly:
1. Ice Water.
2. Diet Coke.
Note: No.. I don’t drink alcohol often at all.
Three shows I watched when I was a kid:
2. Knight Rider.
3. Cartoons every Sat morning.
Three things I wish people would learn to do:
1. Basic math.
2. How to be self-reliant instead of expecting everyone else to care for them.
3. How to drive. Things like always using turn signals, actually stopping at a red light or stop sign when making a right turn, etc.